Friday, February 28, 2014

Babies, Babies and More Babies!

The babies are so happy to see us each day! Most babies we play with are 12-24 months old. I enjoy playing with the babies. There is a baby that is very attracted to me. Whenever he sees me, he puts on a very big smile! Then he runs over and throws his arms up to hug me. If I am sitting down, he comes to me, turns around and plops in my lap. He is about a year and half old. He is so cute!

On Tuesday morning, I woke up with a very sore arm and shoulder. I didn’t know why I was in pain but Mom told me I was lifting babies for a long time the day before as they went down the slide and needed to be lifted over the little plastic play fence.

For a few hours a day, we play with the babies. We sing songs such as “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes,” “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star,” and “Itsy Bitsy Spider” with the little ones. Most of the babies touch their heads and toes or make a diamond shape with their hands to let us know which song they want to sing. They like to sing the songs over and over!

Daddy enjoys playing with the babies. They like to play the tambourine as he shows them different beats.

Yesterday and today we walked almost a mile into the nearby village. We went to the small market that is packed with food, toys and household items. Zara and I bought hair barrettes that hold hair like a bun. Zena bought a lock and key. Mom was excited to see so many local farm eggs! She feels right at home in this little country village except she cannot understand Mandarin but she can use a calculator to find out how much we owe!

Please pray for the babies that they will have good health and forever families.

~Zola

6 comments:

  1. We are so excited to read your post each day and see the wonderful/beautiful children that you all are blessing. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are off to a fun start! I hope your arm gets in shape so you can keep up with all those babies! We are praying for you

    Jim & Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are Max's 3 favorite songs too! I can't tell you how many times I sang "head/shoulders" song during our trip in China. He loved it! He would take his 2 hands to his cheeks, and want me to sing it. I'm sure, on our many hours spent on an airplane with him, our neighbors were tired of hearing it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Zola and Family!
    I am so happy that y'all went to the little village! So fun:) I hope that your arm stops hurting. It reminds me of when I went to Chicago with your mom and dad when Zara was a really little baby. I wanted to carry her everywhere we went and I came home with bruises on my hip!
    I love y'all so much! I hope and pray everything is going well. I had my wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so I have been out of it! Thank The Lord for pain meds!

    - lacie

    Clint sends his love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zola! I love your post! What a writer you are! Isn't it wonderful that you were helping so many babies, so much that your arm was sore! I wish all Christians, including me, would go to bed tonight sore from helping others! Can you imagine how much better this world would be? Or our lives would be? I am so thankful that you influence my life the way you do. Keep it up! Love you, Uncle David

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charles, how nice to see a music professional making music with some of God's best clients! Rebecca, glad you have not forgotten your roots - wish I could see that little country village with you! Right now I'll just have to be content to go to our Cain Creek Amish village. Love you all, Pop Pop

    ReplyDelete