Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day Five - Touring the Town

We went to Guo Tie for lunch and had delicious fried dumplings. The restaurant was a small local one that was very cold and didn’t have any heat. The food was delicious!

Then we went to the old part of Luoyang and walked a few blocks through small shops. There are red lanterns hanging everywhere. People are still celebrating Chinese New Year. We saw several artists painting pictures mostly of flowers or nature scenes in China.

We drove to a different part of town and went to open-air markets to shop. There were many creative objects to purchase that we do not see in our area. I enjoyed shopping and buying several gifts to bring home. One of my favorite purchases is beautiful turquoise shawl with fabric roses down the front. I bargained with the lady using a piece of paper to write the price I wanted. She didn’t want to come down on her price but finally did when we walked out of the store. I bought it for $6 US! Most items here are very inexpensive.

I have learned several Chinese words and phrases. It is a difficult language but I want to learn more.

It was a fun afternoon with several of our friends here. Just being in a large city with so much traffic and interesting buildings is an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment