Monday, February 18, 2013

Day One - New Hope

Defend the cause of the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the poor and the oppressed. Psalm 82:3 When we got up, we went downstairs and walked the hallway looking in the rooms to see a lot of babies. I got to play with some babies before preschool class. I helped Miss Chelsea with four preschool classes today. The children used sponges and painted papers with specific colors. They are learning to identify their colors. I got to read a DR SEUSS book to the children. It had a lot of weird words! For several months I have sponsored a baby here at New Hope. Today I got to meet him! He is so cute and he reaches out for me to hold him. At lunchtime we walked about 1/3 mile to the village market to buy some fresh fruit and vetables. miss Chelsea prepared a delicious fruit smoothie and vegetable pasta for lunch. I miss my friends and family but am having an awesome time.

4 comments:

  1. Zara, Zola and I skyped with Zena and Rebecca on Monday morning at 7:00 AM CST which was 9:00 PM in Beijing. They had a great first day and spent lots of time with the babies and staff as well as Dr. Joyce and Robin. Zena was full of joy and enthusiasm as she shared about interacting with the children. She and Rebecca leave Tuesday to fly to Luoyang where they will visit Maria's Big House of Hope, another recipient of the medical supplies that Rebecca procures. I am a proud husband and father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Aunt Rebecca and Zena! What an incredible experience. I know they are both touching the lives of so many! Much love, Alexa

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious are the words of a child about children...so happy the sponsored one "reached out" to Zena...God is at work in all things. Thank you for taking the time to blog for those of us who want to be there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just found your blog today - didn't realize you we're already in China. We are so excited for you.
    Ellie says "I think it's neat you are taking supplies to the kids there who don't have as much."
    Thanks for letting us follow along on your journey.
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
    The Townsend Trio

    ReplyDelete